What to give a boy (or girl) who has everything? Howzabouts a gift from the heart, through the only direct path there - the stomach.
What you'll need
- Olive oil, to grease
- A 375ml bottle of beer
- Half a cup of caster sugar
- A 375g packet of unsalted peanuts
- Half a teaspoon of dried chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush a baking tray with oil, to grease. Line they tray with baking paper.
- Place the beer and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves. Add the peanuts and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in the chilli powder and salt.
- Spread the peanut mixture over the prepared tray. Bake in oven, stirring every 5 minutes, for 15 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool completely. Break into pieces to serve.
- Celebrate the fact that you are now the world's best crush/girlfriend/fiancée/wife.
- Try not to eat it all before you give it away.