Chai Cookies Recipe
Cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, pepper...this cookie is the perfect blend of spicy and sweet. It's quick and easy to make, and it tastes so good! With Christmas coming up its a great cookie to make and wrap up as gifts for friends with a bottle of homemade mulled wine! Enjoy xx
Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
2 3/4 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350/180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice and black pepper. Remove 1/4 cup of the sugar-spice mixture, set aside to reserve for rolling the cookies.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar-spice mixture until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
5. Beat in egg and vanilla extract, combine until fully incorporated.
6. Slowly blend in dry ingredients mixing until just combined.
7. Using a small scoop (2 teaspoons) roll dough into balls and then into the reserved sugar-spice mixture. Place dough balls on prepared baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Let stand on baking sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.