Pink Lemonade Slice
Ever wondered how you could combine your love of pink lemonade and slice? Well here's the answer!
Super easy and definitely addictive! You should see my little cousin's smile after a few pieces!
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter
- 200g Arrowroot biscuits (or any type really)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 lemon, rind finely grate (even some orange rind is lovely)
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Natural pink colouring
- Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 15.5cm x 25cm (base) slab pan (see note). Place condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Combine crumbs, coconut and 2 teaspoons lemon rind in a bowl. Add hot butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Press biscuit mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- To make lemon icing: Place icing sugar mixture, butter, 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and pink colouring in a bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Spread icing over slice. Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes or until icing has set. Cut into pieces. Enjoy!