Vodka Summer Smoothie
Now, don't panic when you hear the words vodka and smoothie in the same sentence - this is more of a frozen, icy summer cocktail than a milky drink. If you're not a big fan of vodka, try a plain or flavoured white rum such as Malibu for a hint of coconut flavour. The one I made today is a fusion of mango, raspberry and watermelon, perfect for an afternoon lounging around the pool or working on your tan!
Prep time: 5 minutes
'Cook' time: 2 minutes
NOTE: The amounts of ingredients listed will vary depending on how many people you are making the drinks for. In this instance, I have made drinks for 3-5 people.
- 3 scoops mango sorbet
- 1 cup of ice (optional)
- 2 slices of chopped watermelon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (I used frozen)
- 1 cup pine-coconut juice
- 2-3 shots of vodka
- 1 lime
- Chop the watermelon into small-medium pieces
- Pour juice, vodka and ice into blender - blend until combined
- Add fruit and sorbet - blend until combined
- Serve with a wedge of lime
NOTE: Depending on how icy or thick you like your drink, you can play around with the amounts until you reach your desired result!