Mixed Berry Muffin Magic August 05 2012, 0 Comments
Call your friends and organise arvo tea coz here's a super delicious warm berry muffin recipe! It's not rocket science - just use frozen berries and add it to our basic muffin mixture.
Sweet and slightly tart these little muffin beauties have cinnamon,spice, orange and lemon zest....I'm thinking it will go well with Salted Caramel Latte's on a cold Winter morning!!
Mixed Berry Muffin Magic (makes approx 8)
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup ghee, melted (or oil of your choice)
- 1/2 cup honey
For the Mixed Berry layer:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 TBSP freshly grated orange zest
- 1 TBSP freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup honey
Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 if fan forced) and grease your muffin tin.