Makeup Madness: Twiggy March 06 2013, 0 Comments
In regards to fashion and makeup (and music, and parties and everything else) - I think I was born in the wrong era. Oh what I would give to be a twenty something in the 60's - body paint, The Beatles, crazy parties and fashion icons like the beautiful and eternally cool, Twiggy.
Now I am a sucker for 60's style makeup, winged eyeliner and cat eyes are a regular when putting on my party face. So with Twiggy, it's not just her style and clothes that give the biggest impact; for me it's her makeup - in particular her eyes! They are so big and beautifully framed, you can't help but get lost in them!
So, today (seeing as it's on and off raining and I'm stuck inside), I'd thought I'd do a little tutorial of how to get Twiggy's 60's ultra-mod makeup look.
Below is what I used, but here are the essentials for this look: Foundation, highlighter/illuminator, concealer, blush, light pink/peach eyeshadow, dark eyeshadow, black liquid eyeliner, mascara and any necessary brushes.
1. Twiggy's face is youthful and fresh, so don't overdo the foundation. Do your usual makeup base routine but for a youthful glow, mix some liquid illuminator with it and apply sparingly.
2. Apply a small amount of peach or pale pink blush on the apples of your cheek
3. Apply a natural eyeshadow onto your eyelids to serve as the base of the look - colours such as champagne, peach or pale pink work best - I'm using MAC lustre eyeshadow in Gleam.
4. Using a small or angular brush, from the inner corner of the eye to the outer, line just above the crease of your eyelid with a dark brown, grey or charcoal shadow.
5. Using preferably black liquid eyeliner (if you don't have liquid liner, pencil is fine - just make sure it's quite sharp), line your eyelash line (thin-medium width), extending the line past the inner and outer corners of the eye.
6. Next, continuing to use the liquid liner, dash small vertical lines underneath your bottom lash line. This will make your lower lashes appear thicker.
7. If you wish, apply fake eyelashes for that full doe-eyed look. If not, curl your lashes and apply three separate coats of mascara. Only apply after the first coat is dry as to avoid mascara 'clumping' on your lashes.
8. Apply some light pink, peach or champagne shimmery lip gloss or balm for a finishing touch
And you're done! A Twiggy inspired look ready for a night on the town!